List Headline Image
Updated by List Builder on Aug 23, 2017
 REPORT
List Builder List Builder
Owner
6 items   1 followers   0 votes   573 views

Top Things to Do in Durres (Tirana), Albania, from a Cruise Ship - Created by BoostVacations.com Staff

Top Things to Do in Durres (Tirana), Albania, from a Cruise Ship - Feel free to add, vote or provide feedback to the list

National Historical Museum (Albania)

The National Historical Museum ( Albanian: Muzeu Historik Kombëtar) in Tirana, Albania, is the country's largest museum. It was opened on 28 October 1981 and is 27,000 square metres in size, while 18,000 square metres are available for expositions. The museum was designed by Albanian architect Enver Faja.

Et'hem Bey Mosque

Construction was started in 1789 by Molla Bey and it was finished in 1823 by his son Haxhi Ethem Bey, great-grandson of Sulejman Pasha. Closed under communist rule, the mosque reopened as a house of worship in 1991, without permission from the authorities. 10,000 courageous people dared to attend and remarkably the police did not interfere.

Skanderbeg Square

At the time of the Albanian monarchy, the square was composed of a number of buildings that would eventually be detonated during the communist period. The square was composed of a roundabout with a fountain in the middle.

National Art Gallery of Albania

The National Arts Gallery of Albania (bevore: "National Gallery of Figurative Arts") ( Albanian: Galeria Kombetare e Arteve) has a fund of over 4,000 works of art by Albanian and foreign authors, spanning seven centuries of Albanian cultural heritage. National Gallery of Art is a state institution under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports.

Clock Tower of Tirana

The Clock Tower of Tirana ( Albanian: Kulla e Sahatit), was built in Tirana, Albania in 1822 by Haxhi Et'hem Bey, who also finished the building of the Et'hem Bey Mosque. The stairs have 90 steps that go in a spiral fashion.

Tanners' Bridge

The Tanners' Bridge ( Albanian: Ura e Tabakëve) is an 18th-century Ottoman period stone footbridge located in Tirana, Albania. The bridge was once part of the Saint George Road that linked Tirana with the eastern highlands. The Saint George Road furnished the city with agricultural produce and livestock.