List Headline Image
Updated by ojw60161 on Dec 07, 2019
 REPORT
ojw60161 ojw60161
Owner
8 items   1 followers   0 votes   3 views

15 Facts You Should Know About Qatar

Qatar, officially the State of Qatar, is a country located in Western Asia. It has a full area of 11,586 square km. Doha is its capital and biggest town. Arabic is the official and English is the common language in the country. Riyal (QAR) is its own official currency. Saudi Arabia is its sole land bordering country. About the nation of Qatar, which lies in the Arabian Gulf, you will learn with these 29 facts about Qatar. Travelers who visit the autonomous country gain great insight to the Arab World.

1

Qatar is the wealthiest country on Earth

Qatar is the wealthiest country on Earth

Not a fact you will be surprised by that. With its 124,927 USD per capita, it is Above number one -- Luxemburg and even over the gaming territory of Macau. No wonder they have the best airlines, bought Neymar at PSG, also are constructing nine new stadiums for the 2022 World Cup.
secretdoha.com/

2

It's also the safest country on Earth

If we talk about natural disasters at least. According to scientists, There's a 0.1% probability of earthquakes in Qatar, which makes it the number one safest country on the planet .

3

Qatar Isn't really good for hikers

Getting to the facts such as the one today -- about Qatar That the nation is flat. Like seriously flat, there are no slopes nor anything high there (except the skyscrapers). The average elevation is just 28 meters which makes it second (behind The Maldives) most flat nation in the world.

4

And there are no trees

Yep, not even a single forest. Qatar joins San Marino's business, Greenland, and Oman, on earth without forests as the four territories that are sole.

5

They've a giant teddy bear on the airport

Made Urs Fischer -- The Lamp Bear sits right in The middle of Hamad International Airport and expects a selfie to be taken by you with it. Apparently, it costs USD 6.8m. Pocket cash for Qatar.

6

Qataris are town folk

99% of the nation resides in the capital of Doha. Considering that the other part of All Qataris are filthy rich and The country is desert, I have a feeling the remaining 1 percent are individuals.

7

They've races out of the Upcoming

It is time for the most interesting of the interesting facts about Qatar. One of the locals' favorite sports is camel racing. Until 2004, they used kids as camel jockey however, It had been decided it is too dangerous (duh), and kids were replaced with robots. Yep, there are robot camel races in Qatar!

8

They've a Pearl

The last of my facts about Qatar is a pearly one. Back in The days until they'd discovered their natural gas and petroleum, Qataris utilized To make a living by diving for pearls. An island, nowadays, Shaped like a string of pearls, is created right on top of one of those Most renowned pearl diving areas of the past. It is called...drumrolls...The Pearl.