List Headline Image
Updated by Paul Hugh O'Mahony on Sep 18, 2017
 REPORT
12 items   0 followers   0 votes   16 views

2016 July - good links

French & English Songs - Thomas Allen | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for French & English Songs - Thomas Allen on AllMusic - 2002

More songs my father taught me

Known the world over as one of the finest dramatic stage presences before the opera public today, Sir Thomas Allen is also a communicative recitalist, gifted with an open humour and devotion to song that quickly enraptures his audience. These qualities were celebrated last year with pianist Malcolm Martineau in the first volume of 'Songs my father taught me' (CDA67290) and which by popular demand—a true encore!—are shared again in this touching second collection. Here once more is a recital of familiar and nostalgic repertoire steeped in history from firesides of generation after generation, of families gathered round the old piano or latterly the phonograph, dwelling on sentiments of love and regret, wishfulness and celebration, absence and expectancy, that know no age. This disc, graced by a mellow and honeyed voice, captures a gentle age gone by when such heartfelt depictions brought both consolation and joy.

Car Rental - Rent a Car & Van Worldwide | Europcar

Car and Van rentals worldwide. Online Booking, convenient and hassle free. Rent with Europcar and save...

What’s the Best Free Clean up Software for Mac OS X? -

In my opinion, only 20 percent of an app’s features need to be paid for by the user. But for most users, what they really need is the remaining 80 percent that should have been free. However, in most situations, to get that useful 80 percent, users have to dig down in their pockets for...

Umberto Eco on Lists and Making Infinity Comprehensible

What Don Giovanni’s lovers have to do with the poetics of catalogues.

Backchannel

I have started a newsletter. I’ve been thinking about it for a while. An experiment for now. I’m not the last one to do this but I cant be that far off. I figured I’d better have …

A Rap on Race: Margaret Mead and James Baldwin’s Rare Conversation on Forgiveness and the Difference Between Guilt an...

“We’ve got to be as clear-headed about human beings as possible, because we are still each other’s only hope.”

Ginsberg, Kerouac and Burroughs: celebrating the Beats in Paris

In the late 50s the Beat movement reached its high point, with Ginsberg, Kerouac and Burroughs sharing rooms in a rundown hotel near the Seine. James Campbell visits a new exhibition at the Pompidou Centre and a pivotal moment in cultural history

Study suggests Catholic marriage will be dead in Italy by 2031 - Crux

A new study from a respected Italian research institute finds that religious marriages in one of the world's most Catholic nations are in 'free-fall,' and based on trends over the last twenty years, projects that by 2031 there won't be a single religious marriage in the country.

If you eat fish, you're probably getting ripped off

Seafood fraud hurts consumers and fishermen. Luckily, there's a growing effort to fight back.

Contact Information. Book Online Today! - Rentalcars.com

Find our address and contact details to manage your booking or; contact our reservations team or marketing departments to find out more

Car Rental - Rent a Car & Van Worldwide | Europcar

Car and Van rentals worldwide. Online Booking, convenient and hassle free. Rent with Europcar and save...